Burghfield Gold Lake Rules
You and your party are required to comply with the following rules:
- All members of the party must hold and bring a current Environmental Agency rod license to fish any of our waters.
- Bring your booking confirmation email/ ID on your phones or in printed form ready to show a bailiff if requested.
- A maximum number of 6 people on Gold Lake may be in your party, no fishing on any other lakes on the complex. No other guests permitted who are not named in your booking confirmation.
- Only designated swims may be fished. No swim building or clearing.
- Gates must be locked at all times when not in use. If for some reason you lose the codes, please contact the office on 01425 674951 or our head bailiff team (Matthew Slade 07549842380 & Garry Dickson 07979234649).
- All fish caught must be returned to the water as soon as possible after weighing and photographs (no more than 3 minutes out of the water).
- When taking a photograph of the fish always have one foot kneeling down, never stand up with fish. Ensure you have a bucket of lake water to keep the fish cool.
- Only use Advanced Angling designated retention slings and mats.
- Do not use retention sling for any longer than is needed and for fish safety reasons do not use in hot conditions.
- Keepnets and carp sacks are not permitted.
- Strictly no moving of fish under any circumstances. Advanced Angling will ban and seek to prosecute anyone found doing so.
- Up to 3 rods may be used per person. No rod may be left unattended with bait or hook in the water.
- Minimum of 15 lbs breaking strain for mainline. No braided line. Any damages to tackle or line break off must be reported to the duty bailiff.
- Only Barbless hooks or Pallatrax Gripz hooks should be used. No barbed hooks. No bent hooks or long shank curved hooks.
- No fixed leads, death rigs or 360 degree rigs may be used.
- No surface fishing and no zig rigs.
- We only allow quality frozen/fresh baits on our waters. Shelf life and nut baits are banned. Unused bait must not be thrown into lake at the end of sessions.
- No bait boats allowed
- Do not place bait in an area that you cannot extract the fish from safely.
- Leadcore is banned on this venue.
- Quality fish care solutions must be used on hookholds or abrasions.
- When setting rods on alarms, please use your off switch to maintain the peace on the lake. Constant beeping is not acceptable.
- Any abuse to the bailiff team will not be tolerated and your group will be asked to leave.
- Whilst alcohol is not banned from the complex, drunken behaviour and any alcohol, drug or solvent abuse will not be tolerated and anyone found under the influence will have the whole group’s angling session terminated immediately.
- A reasonable standard of behaviour is expected at all times, meaning no shouting, loud music, using bright torches or any other anti-social behaviour.
- No wading, no swimming or boating.
- Care and respect for the site should be shown at all times including no cutting or climbing of trees.
- No litter will be tolerated. You will be asked to leave if there is litter in or around your swim. At the end of your session please take your litter home with you including cigarette butts.
- There is a portaloo provided in the Gold lake car park, please use as anyone caught defecating in the undergrowth will be asked to leave immediately. Please leave toilet facilities as you wish to find them. It’s essential that nobody puts any bagged waste in the toilet.
- No dogs (only guide dogs are permitted to be kept on leads at all times and dispose of all waste appropriately).
- BBQ’s are permitted, as long as the BBQ is self-contained and no damage is done to any vegetation or ground.
- Vehicles must be parked in the car park area assigned to their lake and must not be driven around the lake.
- There are cray fish traps in the lake – do not remove these.
- Any fish found distressed or dead should be reported to the Advanced Angling office or our fishery’s bailiffs.
- All fish, irrespective of size and species should be treated with the same respect. Under no circumstances should a fish be carried in your arms.
- All anglers will observe the out of bound signs.
- Please bring a basic 1st aid kit for your booking.
- No drones are to be used on the Burghfield complex AT ANY TIME, unless prior permission has been given by Advanced Angling or the local authority.
- Anglers must read and comply with the following terms and conditions: https://www.advanced-angling.com/our-venues/burghfield-gold-lake/terms-and-conditions/
- Anglers fish at Advanced Angling Venues at their own risk.
We provide retention slings, mats, nets & poles. All must be returned and hung up to dry on the pegs in the hut after your session. Please leave them as you wish to find them. If any are broken or damaged please inform us ASAP. You must also ensure you follow the covid-19 specific rules in relation to using the tackle (above).
Emergency Procedure; Administer first aid where necessary. Contact emergency services if appropriate.
- List of contacts: Emergency Services: 999
- Matt Slade Head Bailiff 07549 842380
- Garry Dickson Deputy Head Bailiff 07979 234649
- Philip Greenacre Group Director 01425 674951 or 07968193707
- Inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any infringement on the above rules will result in the whole party being asked to leave the venue immediately and no refund shall be given. We understand that experienced anglers already observe these rules and we hope you enjoy our venues.